As a local voluntary “not for profit” organisation with a challenging restoration project, donations and fundraising events are key to ensuring success and sustainability for the future. Please make a donation, help by fundraising for us or leave a legacy in your will.
If you would like to support the Trust through donation, we offer the following methods:
- By Credit Card or Debit Card. You can donate here and now, securely, using the BTMyDonate button below and entering your details when prompted.
- By Standing Order.This enables you to make regular donations of amounts and at intervals of your own choosing. Download the Standing Order form here. Please return this to your bank and let us know in writing or by email what you are donating.
- By Cheque. Make it out to the ‘Penllergare Trust’ and post it to the Penllergare Trust, Room 101A, c/o City and County of Swansea Council, Penllergaer, Swansea, SA4 9GJ.
- Gift Aid (by Direct Debit or Cheque). Whichever you choose, if you’re a tax-payer your donation can be increased by 25% at no cost to yourself because the Trust is a registered charity (No. 1082128). Down-load the Gift Aid Statement, fill it in, and send it to us at the same address.
If you’re interested in organising your own fundraising event in support of the work of the Trust in protecting and restoring Penllergare Valley Woods, you can set up your very own fundraising page via BT MyDonate. Do let us know about your event – we’ll help you promote it!
- With the assistance and advice of the Head Gardener of Clyne Gardens and our own wonderful woodland volunteers, we are now proposing to reintroduce species rhododendrons, along with azaleas, hellebores, ferns, wild daffodils, snowdrops and other woodland plants to recreate the character of the gardens as they appear in JDL’s photographs and watercolours. If you would like to make a donation towards the cost of these bulbs and plants, please visit our online store: http://penllergare.tictail.com/ Our woodland volunteers have already planted thousands of wild daffodils in drifts and a thousand snowdrops in the upper terraces and car park area.
Leave a legacy donation to Penllergare Valley Woods in your Will. A gift in your Will is one of the most valuable ways of securing the future of Valley Woods. To help you in making a Will, or how to change an existing one, down-load the How Will You Remember form.
There is a very small charge (1.3%) made by the banks for processing card donations via BT MyDonate. Otherwise, we guarantee that every penny you give goes towards looking after Valley Woods. Unless you say otherwise your donation goes towards our most urgent tasks at the time. If you’d like your contribution to be acknowledged in a particular way, please get in touch. We’ll do all we can to help. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01792 344224.
Without the financial support of the following organisations, we would not be where we are today. Thank you!
Heritage Lottery Fund
The Welsh Government
The Monument Trust
Charles Hayward Foundation
The Garfield Weston Foundation
Swansea Welsh Church Act Trust Fund
City and County of Swansea
City and County of Swansea – Swansea Change Fund
The Gower Society
The Friends of Penllergare Valley Woods
D’Oyly Carte Charitable Trust